Doge Pound Studios (DPS) Rebranding
What is Doge Pound Studios?
- End of 2021, we rebranded The Doge Pound NFTs to Doge Pound Studios to shift our focus from a PFP NFT project to building blockchain gaming products and other related services.
- Doge Pound Studios is the umbrella company, and all our collections, including OG Doge Pound, Doge Pound puppies, and the Doge Pound Halloween collection are part of the DPS company.
- Everything we build in our gaming studio will directly benefit our OG Doge Pound NFT holders. In some cases, there will be perks and benefits for Doge Pound puppies and Halloween collection holders too.
Benefits to The Doge Pound NFT Holders
- Every game we build will be Play-to-Earn (P2E) that allows players to earn game tokens through participation. The respective game tokens will link to an umbrella token (listed on DEX) of Doge pound Studios.
- The OG Doge Pound holders will be able to earn these umbrella tokens passively, in addition to the individual game tokens that one can earn by participating in the games.
- Some of the games may not be directly related to The Doge Pound ecosystem, but they will still benefit the OG Doge Pound NFT holders through tokenomics and early access.
- In addition to the blockchain games, we will also host conferences and gaming events. The Doge Pound NFT holders will get access to these events.
- As the games gain widespread adoption, the value of our umbrella token, along with the corresponding NFT sets, including The Doge Pound NFT, should go up and benefit our holders.
Impact of rebranding to The LaunchPad
- Moving forward, we will step away from developing and marketing PFP NFT projects for the launchpad and focus our efforts on developing blockchain-based games and corresponding utilities.
- That said, we will continue to collaborate with NFT projects to secure whitelist spots for our NFT holders for presales access.
- If you have suggestions for an upcoming NFT project that we should collaborate with, please leave details in the launchpad suggestions channel on our Discord.
New websites under development
- Astro Botz
- Two metaverse type games
- Doge Pound Puppies Games
- Three other smaller P2E games
Trailer for Astro Botz
The 3D models of the puppies will be available in the final release, and holders will be able to use their puppies in the game. The ones shown in the video are not final.
We will release a few smaller games first to test the tokenomics, gather feedback from the community and continue developing all the games in parallel. Some of the games may take more than a year to release, depending on size and complexity.
The first smaller P2E game is planned to be released in the next 4–5 weeks.
Diamond Paws Update
- A preliminary version of diamond paws will release with Hodlperks that will help provide exclusive perks to the holders.
- The diamond paws token (NFT) will release after the launch of our umbrella token so that diamond paws holders can receive more benefits.
- The diamond paws token intends to reward our most loyal holders. Those who transfer their NFTs to a cold wallet or list them at very high prices will still be eligible for diamond paws.
- More details are to be shared on our Discord and Twitter.
Hodlperks is an initiative by our community members to help power NFT communities in getting their loyal holders rewarded with unique real-life perks such as flights and hotel discounts, club memberships and much more.
If you run a business and would like to support The Doge Pound members through Hodlperks, get in touch with them via Twitter.
As the community grows, we are here to support our members who are keen to build products and services that benefit our holders. Get in touch with us on Discord if you are keen to build with us.
Future Holiday Collections
As per community feedback, we have decided not to release any further holiday collections unless there are utilities attached to those collections.
Discord Currency and Games
We recently released our Discord currency called $DPS to reward our most active community members on Discord.
Members can now earn rewards in different ways by participating in server events, playing in the virtual casino and interacting with the bot.
The earned rewards can then be redeemed in our reward store for various items such as Discord Nitros, Playstation and Xbox Live subscriptions, custom shirts or Hoodies and much more.
3D Doge Updates
- 3D Models for all the traits are under development, and the plan is to release them towards the end of Q1 2022
- The intent of 3D Doge is to get the OG Doge ready for the Metaverse. They may not be separate NFTs but rather linked with existing OG Doge Pound NFTs. More on this will be announced once finalised.
If you are interested in listening to the entire AMA, you can find the recording here.