Publisher and developer Bethesda’s latest update for its free-to-play mobile game Fallout Shelter introduces several new rooms, optimization fixes, and much more.
It’s no secret that Fallout Shelter is one of the most popular tap-screen games of all time, especially considering the fact that Bethesda’s creative director Todd Howard recently revealed that it’s the most played game in the post-apocalyptic franchise. With that in mind, the studio decided the best course of action to celebrate the feat would be to reward its legions of fans in the title’s forthcoming Update 1.4 with the biggest batch of materials Fallout Shelter has received yet.
Upon the availability of Fallout Shelter‘s soon-to-be-released patch, fans will be able to take part in building their own items in new weapon and armor rooms — much like with Fallout 4‘s optional crafting system — customizing the appearance of Wasteland settlers with an actual barbershop, providing fresh duds for Vault Dwellers, and more. Fans can find the full rundown of what Bethesda plans to include in Update 1.4 in the bulleted list below.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Fallout Shelter‘s Update 1.4 will be the developers’ first major contribution to the game with fresh content in 2016, as Bethesda’s last big offering came with its addition of Dogmeat and cats as petsback in December of last year. However, the studio didn’t provide an exact date as to when the new materials will be available, for it said that Update 1.4 is coming “later this week”.
Considering the massive success of Fallout Shelter, Bethesda has proclaimed interest in making even more mobile games down the line, which is great news for fans of the company’s products. With the studio supplying the free-to-play title with plenty of fun additions and content drops since its release in the middle of June last year, there’s no reason for fans to not be excited at the prospect of other Bethesda franchises making their way to mobile devices.
Plus, since Fallout Shelter earned $5.1 million in its first two weeks on Apple products, the studio would easily add buku bucks to its bottom line if it ported the Elder Scrolls series in some way onto Android and iOS platforms.
Even though Fallout Shelter hasn’t received Update 1.4 yet, Bethesda went on to say that it would be issuing “many more” improvements in the long run, which is a good sign we’ll see more holiday-themed add-ons in the future. As it happens, the construction and management simulation game celebrated its fair share of festivals in the past, from having Settlers spruce up the Vault withHalloween decorations to decking the halls with Christmas ornaments.
Nevertheless, in regards to the ingenuity of all that Bethesda has cooked up thus far for the game, it wouldn’t be surprising for the studio to have something much more fulfilling in mind than such cosmetic offerings as holiday-related content.