Abrams Artists Agency Forms Gaming Division To Rep Jovenshire, Jesse Cox, More (Exclusive)
The division will live within Abrams’ larger digital department, and has already signed 15 top-tier gaming influencers from both YouTube and Twitch at launch — all of whom were signed under the direction of the agency’s senior vice president, Alec Shankman. Abrams agent Miles Lozano, who also oversaw the signings, will helm the new gaming vertical, which will handle content monetization, channel growth, and branding and marketing deals.
“We have been growing exponentially in various digital verticals with marquee talent,” said CEO Harry Abrams, who founded the agency 40 years ago. “Miles has brought significant signings to the table, and we are confident he will help these clients expand their businesses in the ever-growing gaming and esports verticals.”
A selection from the new roster, courtesy of Abrams, includes:
- Jesse Cox: Cox has been in the online gaming world for nearly a decade, and most recently served as the executive producer of the YouTube Red esports comedy series Good Game. He counts 936,000 YouTube subscribers and more than 650,000 followers across other social platforms.
- Brooke ‘Dodger’ Thorne: As one of the top female broadcasters on Twitch, Thorne — who counts 256,000 followers on Twitch and more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube across both her gaming and vlog channels — is also the host of a popular weekly gaming talk show called Saturday Morning Dooger.
- Sam ‘Strippin’ Thorne: Thorne, a former model, initially rose to fame in the gaming community as part of the popular Yogscast YouTube franchise. Today, he counts over 230,000 Twitter followers and nearly half a million YouTube subscribers. He is also one of the top 100 Twitch channels, in terms of in-stream audience size, in the world.
- Dave ‘Lasercorn’ Moss: One of the founding members and hosts of Smosh Games, Moss also operates an independent channel with over 700,000 subscribers. In addition to his digital following, he has appeared on a handful of linear television shows, including Nickelodeon’s Game Shakers and American Ninja Warrior (where he failed horribly).
- Matt Sohinki: Sohinki, another founding member of Smosh Games, counts 400,000 subscribers on his own YouTube channel, as well as 900,000 followers, collectively, between Instagram and Twitter. He regularly hosts esports tournaments, and has created sponsored content alongside top industry brands like EA, Ubisoft, and ESL.
- Joshua Ovenshire: The Streamy winner and Smosh Games founding member — best known to fans as Jovenshire — has appeared on TBS’s King Of The Nerds and Disney XD’s Gamer’s Guide To Pretty Much Everything. His YouTube channel, TheJovenshire, focuses on all things geek culture, and he also works as a voice actor.